Updated Figures Revealed At The Council Of Ministers Following The Foiled Coup Attempt In Turkey On 15 July 2016
- A total number of 208 people have been martyred and 1,491 people wounded in the aftermath of the foiled military coup attempt.
- 60 of them police officers, 3 of them soldiers and 145 civilians
- During the operations held against the terrorist group, 7,543 people have been arrested over alleged ties to the foiled putsch (The operations continue and the figures change).
- A hundred of them are police officers, 6,038 of them are soldiers of different ranks, 755 judges and prosecutors, and 650 civilians.
- 218 of the arrested remanded in custody following their interrogation.
- So far, 24 putschists captured dead and another 50 captured wounded.
- More than 8,000 public officials have been suspended in Turkey after a foiled coup attempt late Friday according to the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Turkey
- A total of 8,777 personnel were dismissed from their duties, including 30 governors, 52 civil inspectors, and 16 legal advisers.
- In addition, a number of 2745 judges/prosecutors have been suspended from High Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK). 5 members of HSYK stripped from their duties following the foiled coup attempt late Friday.